Description: Learn the basics of how to rock climb outside.
The aim of the course is to develop a solid base of fundamental rock climbing techniques, whilst enjoying climbing a variety of single pitch rock climbs.
No experience is required. So if you’ve only climbed at a climbing gym or are looking to start rock climbing outside for the first time, this is the place to start.
All the necessary equipment for the course is provided.
What you’ll learn:
- Lead climbing
- Belaying top-roped climbs
- Belaying a lead climber
- Hazards of the outdoor crag
- Basic Climbing Technique
- Crag etiquette
- Knots and tying into your climbing harness
- Sport Climbing vs. Trad Climbing
- Belay Signals and Communications
- Basic emergency procedures
Next climbing course in Montagu:
For info on courses please mail firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp Justin on +27 82 676 9326
We also do scrambling and trad climbing courses.
Introduction to Rock Climbing Course